Pages

April 3, 2016

When to replace AC and furnace filter

If you still haven't, now is the time to replace your furnace filters. This prevents dust from building up in your old one and releasing them in your home. If you notice dust particles on top of your shelves or glass stuff really quick, not that I am saying it's the only cause but that could mean your filter is filthy. I experience it like almost everyday, even after vacuuming and wiping! OMG. I remember it wasn't like that before. And then my husband said it's because he hasn't replace the filters. And I was like, "Seriously?! We have a baby!".
I've read people change their filter twice a year while some change theirs every 60-90 days. When and how often you should replace your filters depend on several factors:

  1. If you are expecting, you have a baby or kids at home.
  2. If you have respiratory-related illnesses
  3. If you have allergies 
  4. After a recent construction at home 
  5. Before you turn on your heater
  6. After using your heater/Before you turn on your AC
  7. At anytime, after checking if your filter and filthy
There's a lot more advantage to replacing your filters than not. I only know one disadvantage of replacing furnace filters, if it's expensive! Oh yes, sometimes they're just way out of your budget. But these kinds that could affect your health should not be compromised. There are a lot of different kinds available in the market especially online where you can find affordable furnace filter.

What I recently provided a 6-pack (Yes, six!) of MERV 8 furnace filters from Aerostar to review. I think the quality's fair for the price. Each has pleated electrostatically charged synthetic materialsupported by very thick neatly cut cardboard. It's fairly thick and I found no holes on the filter. If you prefer higher MERV ratings (the higher, the better!), check out their product page here.
Aerostar Furnace FilterAerostar Furnace Filter
I read indoor pollution is worst than the outdoor and I believe that. So I want to know, when was the last time you changed yours?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!