The red round container in the photos is Mastrad's Round Steamer. If you're wondering what it's made of, the answer is silicone. It is safe to use in both regular and microwave ovens though not in very high temperatures.
I like that it comes in different colors - Black, Red, Green and Blue. Since I got it just before Christmas and because Valentine's Day is near, I chose Red. You can choose the color you want for a specific occasion. I bet green for spring, blue for summer and black for fall.
After using it several times, I +found some advantages in using Mastrad's Round Steamer.
1) You need not prepare a lot of things for steaming. It makes it faster for you to get things done.
2) Even if you let it unwashed overnight, it's still very easy to clean because the remains doesn't stick.
3) The handles do not heat when cooking. So, you can cook sans pot holders.
4) You can cook other meals on it, specially vegetables.
5) It can be used to reheat food. You can definitely use it everyday!
Now, I wanted to share with you a recipe for a quick snack or dessert. It's called "Puto" or steamed rice cake which is very popular among Filipinos.
1) 200g of Puto Mix
2) 1/2 cup Water
3) 8 tbps. Sugar
4) 5 tbps. Cooking Oil
5) Cheddar Cheese
1) Mix water, cooking oil and sugar.
2) Add the puto mix.
3) Pour in the Mastrad steamer.
4) Microwave for 5 minutes.
5) Remove from oven and top with cheese.
6) Microwave for another 2 minutes.
It usually takes 30 minutes, but with Mastrad's Silicone Round Steamer, you'll be done in less than 10 minutes! The texture and taste is the same. Normally when you steam it, you use muffin sized containers but with Mastrad's Silicone Round Steamer, you will produce an 8-inch in diameter Puto! This said, you can probably bake a small cake with it! Now, I have to go, just steamed another batch!
I was given the product mentioned in this post for review.
Everything was based on my 100% honest opinion.