Cake pop is one of the nicest things to serve in a party. Like the regular cake, you can design them in countless ways. This is my second time to make cake pops. The first time I used a ready mix but didn't have a pan so I had to roll it manually. I thought using my hands to make a ball was better or maybe it's just because of the recipe. I got the recipe on the carton of the cake pop pans I bought. I followed the instructions carefully but if you'd look at the batter, it looks sticky and hard, plus, the result was not really round in shape. It looks acceptable in the picture though and this can come handy if you need a to decorate something that is not so round at all - like maybe a whale cake pop?
3/4 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup Butter
3/4 cup Cocoa
3/4 cup Flour
1/4 tsp Salt
24 lollipop sticks
Chocolates to melt and coat
I made 2 batches which was a good thing because I lost 1/3 of them. Some stick on the pan and it was hard to remove so I just had to discard and eat them. At least I get a free taste. Tee-Hee!
Tips in making cake pops:
1) If chocolate melts are included in the recipe, you have to do everything quick because the batter will easily turn hard or sticky.
2) Dip the stick in the melted chocolate before inserting it to the cake pop. To avoid it from falling in the dip.
3) Make sure you have a styro to stick them on after dipping and start in the middle because if you start in the edges or corner, it will fall. Well, that sounds like common sense but I made that mistake. LOL.
4) If trying 2 or more colors, always let the first color dry completely before dipping it again. Else, it will stain the other chocolate's color.
5) Put the sprinkles right after dipping. If you don't they won't stick and you'll have to dip it again to do so.
6) Always remember to put shortening on the pan and dust it with chocolate powder or flour.
Oven to 325F.
Oven to 325F.
I am going to try making cake pops again until I find the recipe I really wanted, that is a perfectly round and moist one.
I was not compensated in any way to do a review of the product/s or service/s mentioned above. Everything was based on my 100% honest opinion.