Pages

September 3, 2015

A Dairy-Free Salad Dressing

Since I started my dairy-free diet, I found it hard to think of what food to eat. I am not a fan of salad but I have to do this for my daughter's sake. As some of you know, she has milk protein allergy and I am nursing her so I'm the one who needs to be on a diet. It won't be long 'til I get a taste of the foods I love, for now, I'll be eating salad galore!

I didn't know it will be a bit challenging to look for a dressing. It was also a bit time-consuming because I needed to read all the labels and ingredients first. Good thing I had my phone with me and was able to Google it immediately. I just had to confirm by reading the nutrition facts again. So, the first I discovered was Newman's Own Lite Italian dressing! Yay, I have something for my salad! LOL.
Newman's Own Lite Italian
Since I don't really have a starting point for comparison, I asked my husband the difference between the Italian dressings he has tried. He said, the 'lite' word has a big impact, it's a no-brainer. I guess I won't ask for his opinion next time. LOL!
Naked Chicken Salad
Naked Chicken Salad
Calamari and Egg Salad
Calamari and Egg Salad
So, there are the first two salad 'meals' I prepared! I am not vegan and I can't live without meat so I had to put a topping. The naked chicken is just diced chicken breast with salt and pepper fried in olive oil. For the other, I used flour, salt and pepper as the breading for the squid. I just had to prepare it from scratch to make sure there are no contaminants and to make sure there are no hidden dairies!

By eating salad for only three (3) consecutive days (at least once a day) I noticed it's easier to pass and I never felt healthier (or it's just a psychological effect). I never thought they're that good, I love crispy food so I chose veggies which are crunchy! I realized it's a blessing in disguise for both me and my baby. Else, I'll be eating a lot of unhealthy stuff (spell desserts).

If you're curious and wanted to make sure before going to the store, here's a screenshot of the ingredients as well as the Nutrition Facts.
Nutrition Facts and Ingredients
How about you, what's your favorite salad dressing? Do you suffer from any kind of allergy?

DISCLOSURE
I was not paid in any way to do a review of the product mentioned above. Everything was based on own experience and honest opinion of the product.

7 comments :

  1. How nice! This is great for people avoiding dairy to lose wait. Or those who are lactose intolerant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. healthier and it does sound good too. i haven't tried a dairy-free one but i'm sure it must be good too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to find that in the grocery, dairy-free will be good for my hubby who is currently on a diet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a good food indeed. It helps you digest easily since most of the ingredients are organic food. Or maybe depends upon your choice of mix. But definitely a helpful diet to stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I go for sweet and tangy, so it's Asian salad dressing for me. I love your Calamari and Egg Salad, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love eating salad but I am not very fond of putting dressing on it. Hubby love ranch dressing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would never recommend anyone eat anything with Xanthan Gum in it. Other Newman's Salad Dressings use Natural Gums for thickening but this one uses the poop of a bacterium instead, a bacteria that cancerously ATTACKS the leaves of certain leafy vegetables, like broccoli and the likes, so don't use that dressing with any leafy vegetable that bacteria attacks naturally, like many salad greens.

    I recommend that you completely remove Xanthan Gum from your diet, especially since Xanthan Gum easily qualifies as Soylent Green!

    Ribbit :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!