Pages

September 30, 2015

Finally Had A Dairy-Free Pancake For Breakfast!

While I am on a dairy-and-soy-free diet, I found a few techniques on making it easy to find special foods faster. The easiest way is going to a store with aisles or corners specific for the diet and I found a lot by looking at the Gluten-Free corner.

As a busy nursing mom, I barely have time to take care of myself, what more to cook from scratch. That's why I haven't tried making a homemade pancake though I've read a lot from other food blogs. :) That's the reason King Arthur Flour Gluten Free pancake mix really got my attention. I love eating pancakes and waffles for breakfast and this pancake mix is just the perfect thing for me at the moment.
According to the recipe, I can substitute oil for butter and that's what I did. Also, substituted rice milk instead of the regular cows milk. While cooking the pancake, I saw a lot of bubbles and I thought this wouldn't look nice again, but no! I guess these are the most good-looking pancakes I've ever cooked. Haha!

Because I used less tasty ingredients like the milk and oil, instead of the rich and creamy taste of butter, I just have to top it with something sweet! :D That is the pancake for me and my daughter, half topped with Hungry Jack Pancake Syrup and the other half with Hershey's Chocolate Syrup. Ooooh soooo goooood!

How about you, have you tried gluten-free foods? What do you use to top your pancakes?

8 comments :

  1. I love pancakes, well, to be honest I love breakfast food. Lol. This sounds nice though, I'd love to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy pancakes too. When I am too busy to make one myself, I get my fix at a local diner. I will look for the gluten free brand you mentioned here. I guess it is never to late to make healthy choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great sis. Never had a dairy free pancake yet, di ako mahilig masyado sa pancake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! that pancake looks delish and it is dairy free too. I do not mind one right now while sipping with my coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a healthy alternative to the conventional pancakes. Still getting the goodness, minus the fat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love pancakes and i eat it most of the time...this is a good tip which i will also try :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. King Arthur has the best gluten free mixes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Honestly, hindi ko nakahiligan ang pancakes. I'll share na lang this post to my daughter, since mahilig sa pancakes ang apo ko.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!