One of the dates marked on my calendar is October 30th. Why? Because it's the release date of the We Love Disney album!!! I have been a Disney fan since I was a kid (and who's not anyway?) and I am really thrilled about this one. It is time to reminisce my childhood memories. I think this is also the perfect timing to re-introduce them to my kids. Especially the other princesses she's not familiar with yet, like Jasmine. Which is, by the way, her costume this Halloween.
While waiting for the release date, you can preview songs on iTunes and have a glimpse of the wonderful artists from across different genres. If it's not getting you more curious, here's the track list:
- NE-YO “Friend Like Me” (Aladdin)
- Jessie J “Part of Your World “(The Little Mermaid)
- Jason Derulo “Can You Feel the Love Tonight / Nants’ Ingonyama” (The Lion King)
- Gwen Stefani “The Rainbow Connection” (The Muppet Movie)
- Ariana Grande “Zero To Hero” (Hercules)
- Jhené Aiko “In a World of My Own/Very Good Advice” (Alice in Wonderland)
- Fall Out Boy “I Wan’na Be Like You (The Monkey Song)” (The Jungle Book
- Tori Kelly “Colors of the Wind” (Pocahontas)
- Kacey Musgraves “A Spoonful of Sugar” (Mary Poppins)
- Charles Perry “Ev’rybody Wants To Be a Cat” (The Aristocats)
- Jessie Ware “A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes” (Cinderella)
- Lucy Hale & Rascal Flatts “Let It Go” (Frozen)
- Various Artists “It’s a Small World”
From the list, my favorite is (probably like many of you do) "Part of Your World" from The Little Mermaid. This song is just very close to my heart and what more, the British pop singer and song writer Jessie J's voice lived up to it! The second is a Golden Globe award winning song and it has been running over my head since morning after previewing it. The reason I like it is because of the upbeat music you can dance along to. Even my daughter asked me if I could dance with her while listening to the song. Ha! It's "A Friend Like Me" from Aladdin and one of my favorite R&B singers covered it, Ne-Yo!
Just so you know, the album will be released in several configurations:
- Digital album
- Standard CD
- Deluxe CD - With two (2) bonus tracks: Brenna Whitaker “It’s Not Easy Being Green” (The Muppet Show) and Yuna “A Whole New World” (Aladdin)
- Deluxe Vinyl - With two (2) bonus tracks: Brenna Whitaker “It’s Not Easy Being Green” (The Muppet Show) and Yuna “A Whole New World” (Aladdin)
- Picture-Disc Set - With two (2) bonus tracks: Brenna Whitaker “It’s Not Easy Being Green” (The Muppet Show) and Yuna “A Whole New World” (Aladdin)
- Collector’s Edition Box Set - Will include the digital deluxe album, limited-edition double vinyl, standard-edition double vinyl, limited-edition CD, standard-edition CD, limited-edition double-picture disc, four numbered lithographs, a DVD of “The Magic Behind We Love Disney”, a limited-edition T-shirt featuring a one-time only design, an exclusive tote bag and a Certificate of Authenticity
I think I would love to have the last one. Wish. :) By the way, it's worthy to mention that the We Love Disney was produced by multi-platinum, 16-time Grammy® Award-winning producer and Verve Music Group Chairman David Foster.
Here's a sneak peek of a song from the album, this is the upbeat song I was talking about.
If you want to learn more about the We Love Disney Music, you can check them out via Facebook, Instagram, Youtube or follow them on Twitter. Check it out on Amazon too! :)