Pages

August 28, 2012

Edo Sushi Japanese Restaurant

Overall Rating: 5/5
Budget: $20-$30/person

Upon entering you'll see several framed store accomplishments. I noticed they have been receiving a lot of recognition from several magazines in Baltimore area since 1999. The most prominent award they got is the "Best Sushi". My husband loves sushi and besides, it's a Japanese resto so it's like a must!

Food
We went to the Timonium Branch in Maryland and the facade doesn't really speak well of how good the food is. I was not able to take a photo because it was raining but of course, I got the more important ones. The miso soup of course is and should always be good, it has a generous amount of tofu. I thought it was cheap so I had two even if I ordered a Tonkatsu Udon! I find the desserts menu attracting because I love ice creams and they have a great selection like Red Bean, Mochi, Tempura and what I had, Green Tea Ice Cream. It's so delicious I can't get enough of it, I hope they add chocolate swirls too! Oh wait, did I forget to rate the sushi? I really am not a fan but I enjoyed it without the soy sauce or wasabi! I honestly am starting to love Japanese food!

Cleanliness
The restaurant looks neat and tidy and I love it! It's well-maintained! I didn't see any smudge on the table and I didn't even hesitate to push the door. I can even let my little one play on the floor if I choose to. That's how clean it was during our visit! Also, I've had several experiences with unclean utensils and china's, but I didn't see one with the plates nor the glasses, not a finger-print!

Kid-Friendliness 
They don't have a kid's menu but our server asked if we wanted a drink for our little one. We didn't bother though because I share my drink, as well as food, with her. They also have clean wooden high chairs that makes it look new. There's no need for me to waste a hand sanitizer or wipes.

Customer Service
Great service! Upon entering, we were immediately welcomed and seated. The server was all smiles throughout her attendance. She's so sweet! We'll be back because of her, who knows, we'll be regulars! =)

Complimentary Stuff
Free parking in Timonium Branch since because it's in the mall.
Hot towel before and after eating.

So, having tried and tested it, are we going back? Definitely YES! We even know what to order during our next visit: [Appetizer] Fried Oysters [Entree] Sushi and Sashimi Combo and Shrimp Tempura Udon [Dessert] Red Bean and Mochi Ice Cream! If you're on a tight budget but still want to dine in, just order water and a Bento Box [it differs dayto-day but it comes with a free miso soup] then pass on the dessert.


DISCLAIMER
I was not compensated in anyway to do a review of the products or services mentioned this post.
Everything was based on my 100% honest opinion.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!