Pages

July 19, 2014

A Creamy Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Spread

My 3-year old knows where I place the food she is allowed to eat - in a cabinet that she can open and reach. One morning, she decided to prepare her own breakfast. I was still in another room when she decided to go down to get something to eat. She was able to reach for the bread and her favorite spread, peanut butter. She must have not noticed at first that she took a new kind of peanut butter. She must have just decided to pick it up because that's the peanut butter's spot in the cabinet. It wasn't opened yet so she yelled, "Mommy, help!". I went down to remove the seal and get her a spreader. 

I saw the look in her eye how surprised she was when she saw it's not the usual brown peanut butter. So she asked me what it is. I said it's Skippy Natural Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate flavor. Her eyes went BIG! She immediately put some on her bread and even prepared one for me! She's really that sweet!
She of course loved it because her favorite spread is peanut butter, and more importantly, it's chocolate!!! Who doesn't love chocolate? ;) I tasted the one she made for me and I kind of liked it. The texture has the right kind of smoothness and it's not super sweet [it was noted in the packaging that it has 60% less sugar compared with Nutella]. As for the taste, you'd know it's peanut butter, but imagine it with add-on chocolate. The taste though can't be compared with Nutella because Nutella uses a different kind of nut which is hazelnut. Skippy Natural Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate has it's own unique taste. I think it was our first time to try a chocolate flavored peanut butter.
For your information.
This Skippy peanut butter won't last long, it's addicting! We'll probably have it everyday for breakfast, and probably use it as a strawberry dip! Mmmmm.. I can already imagine the taste. But I have to wait until tomorrow to buy some fruits. :D

If you want to know more about Skippy, visit their website, Facebook page, Twitter account or Pinterest board.

DISCLOSURE
I was not paid to do a review of the product mentioned above. As a member of the Hormel Foods Extended Family Blogger, Mom's Tried and Tested was given a sample to try but was not required to do a review of the product/s or service/s they provide. This post was based on my 100% honest opinion.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!