Pages

September 1, 2014

Great Substitute To Cubed Pork Meat

Have you ever experienced a time when you needed only a small amount of meat but the one in your fridge is a whole package, which you have to thaw for more than an hour. You must have also wasted the rest because it's not fresh anymore when you put it back in the freezer. When you're in a hurry, you'll find thawing a pain, but don't give up! I just thought about a solution to that! 

According to the package, Hormel Cure|81 Cubed Boneless Ham is 'great in salads', I'd say it is a great substitute to meals that need chunks of meat! Plus, it's already 'pre-cut'! Less work for you! 
I used Hormel Cure|81 Cured Boneless Ham in two of my favorite recipes. First is for laing, a Filipino dish with dried taro leaves and coconut milk (you can make it spicy by adding red chili peppers). This recipe was my mom's and it was really good! The pork meat cubes, which I substituted with Hormel, was not just good, but great! Good thing the ham was not seasoned that much so it won't interfere with the regular taste of our meals.
I also used Hormel Cubed Boneless Ham as a pork meat-substitute for our sauteed mung beans with horseradish. The Hormel Boneless Cubed Ham didn't crush and it was as tender as the usual boiled pork meat. I think I'd be using it more often with our meals. :)

DISCLOSURE
I was not paid in any way to do a review of the product mentioned above. I was given free samples to facilitate my review. Everything was based on my honest opinion of the product.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!