Do you sometimes find it uneasy to find the perfect snack your kids will like? I do. I am actually afraid to buy 'healthy' snacks (unless they're real fruits) because sometimes it means having to eat unpalatable foods. I've proven myself wrong once in saying that, and I guess I've proven it once more in a granola bar this time.
Honestly, it was my first time to eat granola bars. I have never tasted nor bought one thinking they were only for the health buffs or for those who are into specific and serious diets. LOL. I also thought my daughter won't like it because she doesn't eat granola with milk for breakfast. My assumptions were wrong. As soon as I got these Lola Granola bars, each of the member of our household tried one, well except for my husband who tried two. Haha. I tried The Ellie, my daughter The Enzo, my mom The Lola and my husband, The Nathan and The Ruby. Next thing I know, there were only two bars left in the container.
Well, what can I say. Upon opening the package you'll smell the sweetness of it, not that of processed sugar but more of honey. My husband said it smells similar to a bukayo, but definitely not as sweet. It's a soft kind of bar and the taste, surprising! Imagine for a first-timer, I actually loved it! My favorite, The Enzo! I like the combination of cashews and almonds. :)
So, who, where and how did Lola Granola start? Let me quote a brief history from their site:
Lola Granola Bars were created by Mary Molina when her family hit hard times. They were struggling to provide for their 4 young children, and were relying on public assistance and food banks. Her husband Ernie was eating junk food to save money. So Mary made him nutritious granola bars to save money, making sure they were gluten and soy free due to her children's allergies, and he loved them! The kids loved the bars, and so did Ernie’s coworkers, who asked to buy some. Lola Granola Bars was born.There are several reasons I love Lola Granola.
1) They support anti-hunger children's backpack program by providing the same flavors I've tried, that means all of them!
2) Lola Granola bars are packed with all natural proteins, fiber, Omega 3's and are low in sodium.
3) Each bar costs only $1.99. For me, that is affordable considering all the nutrients you'll get. At the moment, it's not available in all states, but as always, you can request the product at your local stores. Here's the list of the stores that carry Lola Granola.4) The ingredients are locally sourced.
- Massachusetts Cranberries
- New Jersey Blueberries
- New York Honey and Gluten-Free Oats
1) Gluten-free - Lola Granola does not add any rice, wheat, corn, soy fillers, hydrogenated oils or refined sugar.
4) Non-GMO - Each of the five flavors contain 8 core, all natural, non-GMO ingredients.
Now, it's your turn to try not just one, but 10 Lola Granola flavors! That's two of each one! Just enter through the Rafflecopter link below. Good luck!a Rafflecopter giveaway
I was not paid to do a review of this post. I was given samples to facilitate my review. Everything was based on my honest opinion of the product.