Pages

February 26, 2016

How Do You Keep Yourself Warm?

I am the warm kind of person, and I am not just talking about my personality. What I meant to say was, I prefer hot weather rather than cold. LOL. Unfortunately for me though, I do not have a choice (yet). We live in Maryland and as most, if not all, of you know, we have four (4) seasons here and at the moment, it's still winter.

It's a good thing spring is almost here, but the temperature is still not as warm as I want it to be. I checked Weather.com and I am still seeing low 30F's. That's the reason most of the time, I prefer to stay at home because I don't like the cold brrrrr-eeze! But we all know that's impossible. I am not a bear that hibernates. Haha. And since I have and need to get out at least twice a week even on a below zero temperature, I invest on good quality winter stuff - from top to bottom outfits, from boots to hat!
How about you, what do you do to keep yourself warm on cold days? Do you have any favorite brand?

With boots, there are several choices. I guess you know one of the most comfortable and warmest can be made by an Australian company. Buying it once a year will soon become a tradition for me.

And about the hat, I used to don't care whatever it is, but I now have a favorite - CacheAlaska. I got one as a sample and oh my! It feels so warm and it's size is generous enough that it can cover my ears too and still with the perfect fit. Actually weird because my husband tried it and it fits perfectly on him too, so I think this is a one-size-fits-most-hat. My husband also said he will "borrow" it from me. Borrow. Maybe I should just get him his own! What about that? Oh well, this is a unisex kind of beanie anyway so I might just let him do so. Then I'll get one for him as a present. LOL!
Designed in Alaska, USA!Designed by CacheAlaskaAn extra inch of fleece for a more comfortable fit!
I wondered how this came at par with the other beanie knit cap and I wondered, well, this was designed in Alaska. Alaska, hello?! All I can think of is ice whenever that name is mentioned! Well, now maybe I'll think of Frozen, or Anna and Elsa. Haha. This should be great if that's the case. Anyway, I checked the material and found out it's made of a premium fiber blend 50% Wool and 50% Acrylic. I bet those two are a perfect blend because it provides great warmth, comfort and breathability. That also makes it machine-washable but only with cold water. Though most of the time with wool, I handwash them, better be safe than sorry. And by the way, they come in other nice colors too like pink, blue and purple! :)

How about you, what do you do to keep yourself warm? Do you have a favorite brand?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!