Pages

July 14, 2013

Can't Get Enough These Chocolates!

What: Lake Champlain Chocolates
Where: 750 Pine Street, Burlington VT 05401
Rating: 5/5



We recently made a trip to Vermont for our July 4th weekend adventure. We didn't know there were lots of other great places to visit, company tours that is. By far, Lake Champlain Chocolates is the best company tour I've ever had in Vermont! 

Lake Champlain Chocolates is located in a rural area of Vermont. Though it was a holiday weekend, there was ample parking for all expected visitors. The building, as you can see from the outside is not as big as other facilities. The space is just perfect for guests. 

So, what do I love about the company tour?

1) They support Fair Trade.

2) The presentation of information about how, who and where they plant cacao trees was good. They even provided real samples of how cacao beans look like and the different types of chocolate: milk, dark and white (as you see in the cans below). The tour seats are adjacent to the production floor by clear glass panels. Even though I wasn't able to see the real production because it just ended, I was still amazed at how our Chocolate Master explained to us how they make their super-duper-good chocolates! I swear, I can forget about my favorite Hershey's kisses.


3) We were provided generous samples before, during and after the tour! That's right, I did say before because when I roamed around the store before the tour began, I saw some samples of dark chocolate cocoas around the corner of the cafe. It was so delicious and luscious I got one more for my husband to taste, and my daughter too. Oooops! ;) If you can't read, it's made of 54% dark chocolate which makes it not bitter at all! That instantly became my husband's favorite!

Sample truffles and coffee chocolates after the tour and sample dark chocolate squares at the cafe.

4) There was a table for kids so they can have fun with their own activity during the tour. Now, nobody's going to scream while  Chocolate Master's sharing chocolate-filled information. My daughter though, became the only one who didn't join the bandwagon. Therefore, she was the only kid making noises and I really feel sorry for those who were bothered during the tour. Tee-hee! I guess she ate too much sweets that I can't stop her! Whew!

5) They have a corner cafe showcasing their original and signature drinks.The prices as you can see, aren't that expensive at all. They are very affordable so you too can savor their wonderful concussion even in your drinks!

6) The store was full of Lake Champlain chocolates of assorted flavors and some items you wouldn't think they offer. Most of their chocolates are handcrafted for a more delicate look. Oh, they have aprons and shirts too! 


I am still savoring the taste of Lake Champlain chocolates I got from the Factory Seconds shelf! I got dark, white and milk and a few organic ones too.


7) Last but not the least, I loved it because the tour was free! Probably the only place where we didn't pay to enter. LOL! Though I would have paid for it if required. 

Lake Champlain Chocolates for me is more than Hershey's and on the same line as Godiva. If you'd like to try Lake Champlain Chocolates, you can order online. I read they ship the same day if you order on weekdays. If you're not an online shopper, I heard our Chocolate Master say that their products are available at Whole Foods. 
 
DISCLAIMER
I was not compensated in anyway to do a review of the products or services mentioned this post.
Everything was based on my 100% honest opinion.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!