Pages

September 17, 2013

Gracie's

Overall Rating: 4.5/5
Budget: $30-$40/person

During our trip to Vermont, we arrived at our hotel later than scheduled and found this place called Gracie's. We were so hungry and this was the nearest place to dine in. It rained and the parking lot is not cemented so just imagine the mud on our shoes. To the restaurant, poor floor... For our car, poor me because I'd have to clean it afterwards. LOL. Anyway, we're supposed to be talking about food here so let me start.

Food
First of all, I raised to budget to up to $40 because you'd probably want to try on more food. I tell you they are sooo good!

The New England Clam Chowder tastes as good as the other clam chowders I've tasted, only better. It has the right amount of seafood and there's no shell in the soup! No crackling sound therefore. LOL. Trust me, I have tried clam chowders that looked like the ingredients were not properly handpicked. This one is smooth and creamy! Plus, they give generous packs of crackers. The Chicken Jambalaya was great. For me, they served the right proportion of  chicken (, sausages and all) vs. rice.

New England Clam Chowder and Chicken Jambalaya

Now, they have my favorite kind of Calamari. The plain and small breaded ones. There's no need to put lemon because it doesn't smell fishy at all. I've only ordered a calamari which smells slate once and I can't even remember the place. Gracie's even serve it with a sweet soy sauce, ironic right? That instantly became my favorite sauce! And do I need to review their mac and cheese? It's Kraft so it's good! I serve it for my kid at home and I like it to!

 Calamari and Kraft Mac and Cheese

Cleanliness
It was dinner time and it was a busy day. They do clean up the tables immediately but I did have to wipe it once just to make sure. As for the whole place, I didn't see anything that would make me want to lower my rating just because I have issues with cleanliness.

Kid-Friendliness
They have high chairs and kid's menu. I think that mac and cheese is the second to the lowest with regards to price. First time for me to see an almost $15 worth of kid's meal, well, what can I say, it's an 8oz. NY strip sirloin. The servers and even the other guests were kid-friendly too.

Customer Service
The customer service was excellent! From the greeter to our server. They were very friendly and though

Complimentary Stuff
Free parking.
Free bread! I love the other but not much of their famous corn bread. That's because I have a favorite corn bread which is thousand miles away from the U.S. LOL!


So, having tried and tested it, are we going back? Yes! It is now one of my favorite places to eat! I hope we have Gracie's somewhere near. ;)

DISCLAIMER
I was not compensated in anyway to do a review of the products or services mentioned this post.
Everything was based on my 100% honest opinion.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!