Pages

September 22, 2013

Sunset Grille Waterfront Restaurant and Bar

Overall Rating: 5/5
Budget: $40-60/person

When we travelled to Connecticut we had very limited time to roam around the place. Good thing I took a copy of the free map that was offered at the previous restaurant we dined in. I saw this place called Norwalk Cove Marina, and on the map, it looked like an island with a not so big waterway around it. There were boats being shown too, like you can have dinner on a cruise. I told my husband about it and he was the one who looked for a place to eat. I think his co-worker recommended the place.



There was a heavy traffic on our way to Sunset Grille because it was July 3rd and we didn't know there were fireworks display scheduled that night. It all looked great when we arrived. I love the ambiance and I knew the first time that I'm going to like it.

Food
Crispy Fried Calamari and Brownie a la mode

 Fish 'N Chips

I was not able to take a photo of what my husband ordered, it was The Minnow Seafood Platter for 2. Though we didn't share it. The whole humongous plate was just right for his big but empty growling stomach! Haha. The platter included shrimp, oyster, clams and 1/2 lobster. I should have taken a solo shot of it so I can show you (I have a photo but he was on the picture and he didn't want to share his face publicly. Haha!) because the presentation looked so yummy you'd want to eat them all together. I asked him if it was worth the price and he did say yes. That was just what I wanted to know.

The Fish 'N Chips was for me. I don't remember where the chips are anymore because it's not in the picture. Haha. Maybe I didn't notice because it was also served with fries and coleslaw. Coleslaw is my all time favorite side dish. I'd say the fish was battered right. It wasn't that salty and it doesn't smell like raw fish. Though they did serve lemon. It was one of the rare moments for me to finish a whole plate, including the fries! Either I'm just hungry or it was really good. I suppose it's the latter. ;)

Brownie a la mode is a kind of dessert you'd see in most restaurants. But as you can see in the photo, not all are served that way. The presentation adds to the delicious look of a food. The brownie was moist and it was a bit sweeter due to the caramel and mocha syrup. Oh, my daughter loved the whipped cream. I thought a la modes only have a scoop of ice cream on top, so that was a plus again.

The Crispy Fried Calamari was good, not great that I won't forget it, but good. The sauce was also good though it looked like a 'regular' sauce at first. It was red but it doesn't taste a lot like tomato sauce. If you get what I mean. I'm just tired of tomato-sauce based food because I used to cook with it 3x a day at home. LOL.

Cleanliness
We stayed outside and it was fairly maintained. There was a big group of family in one table and they have four kids. After they left I didn't see anything on the floor. The table outside were made of plastic so it was easier to clean wipe and dry.

Kid-Friendliness
There was no need to ask for a highchair anymore, but I did saw some. We didn't need to order kids' food because my daughter's favorite is calamari and she shared some fish with me. You'd think that you can't sit outside with a kid because it looked like an adult-only corner, but no. There were actually a couple of kids with their families outside and I think they'd enjoy the outdoors that eating inside.

Customer Service
They don't go very often to tables to ask if anything's okay but if you need them, there are always . people doing something and with that, I mean they're somewhere that can be seen. Haller anytime. :)

Complimentary Stuff
There's a huge parking space because it was near a dock, behind a dock, on the dock. Haha.
When I told you about the fireworks, you can actually see 3 different fireworks displays from there. So awesome! Some people paid $20 for the parking just to see the fireworks, it was free for us. And we had a good view too.

So, after having tried and tested it, are we going back! I'd say yes, if we have a budget. ;)

DISCLAIMER
I was not compensated in anyway to do a review of the products or services mentioned this post.
Everything was based on my 100% honest opinion.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!