My favorite dessert of all time is ice cream. I love it better than cookies and cakes (unless it's pure ice cream cake). Gelato, which means ice cream in Italian, is now among my favorites. I guess this 'kind' of ice cream which has more milk than cream is as good as the regular ones. It is not as creamy as I thought it would be but I still love it!
The first ever gelato brand I've tried is from Turkey Hill. Well, for now it will be the first and last because just recently, I have no choice but to be on a dairy-free diet. At least I got to try the other flavors, the rest would be up to my husband and our friends.
Luckily (and unfortunately for me in my dairy-free case), I was given a chance to sample (if available) all the seven flavors. I have to share it with my friends though, which I guess is more fun anyway! Here are the seven (7) Turkey Hill Gelato's now out in the market:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter - Unfortunately, I am not a fan of peanut butter ice cream (I eat it on it's own, in breads and with chocolates) and my husband didn't find this at the store when I told him to get a gelato. I guess my daughter would have liked it though she's never tried that flavor before. LOL. I will update this post once my husband has tasted it.
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip - I am guessing this will be the most popular ice cream, because, c'mon, who doesn't like chocolate?! This gelato is in chocolate form with a lot of chocolate chips. You won't scoop an ice cream without the chocolate chip itself, that's how generous the serving is.
- Coffee Chip - This is my favorite among all the flavors! OMG! I can't stop eating this! I finished the whole thing in two days (I would have done it in one sitting if only I am not that busy with other household stuff. LOL.) This tasted so much like the Starbucks Java Chip Frap ice cream brand which I really really love. But this Turkey Hill brand comes in a more affordable and bigger package so I'll go with this!
- Hazelnut - If you look at the picture below just below this paragraph on the right, that is the hazelnut flavor. I thought it would be cream-based flavored with some bits of chocolate here and there. But no, it has a huge chunk of hazelnut flavored chocolate. It doesn't contain the hazelnut itself, only the flavoring. But you'll know it's not just the regular milk chocolate. :) I liked it too!
- Mint Chocolate Chip - This is one of my favorite ice cream flavors. I was surprised when I didn't see it in green because I am used to the buffet-type ice cream which comes in that hue. It comes in a chocolate-base and again, with generous amount of chocolate chip. Among the Turkey Hill Gelato's, this is my third favorite.
- Peach Mango - My husband was able to get a sample of this at the store but I was not able to try it. This reminds me of my favorite dessert in a fast food store in the Philippines. Jollibee's (like Mc Donald's) peach mango pie. My husband said this won't be my kind of ice cream though because the taste of the mango is different. I just have to say Philippine mango tastes sweet but the ones that can be bought here in the US have a different taste, it's more of like sour-medicine kind. That is at least for the yellow and ripe mangoes.
- Purely Vanilla - If I am going to try an ice cream I won't really go for the basic one. I think this is the cream-based ice cream of the other flavors, but I am not sure though. LOL. I love vanilla too but with some chocolate drizzle or syrup on top. :D
- Sea Salted Caramel - My husband is waiting for this one to be available at the store. He loves sea salted caramel. I know because he like the Godiva chocolate and Starbucks frap in this flavor. I, on the other hand, would be willing to try this but again, I just can't. At least not for a year or two.
How about you, what is your favorite ice cream flavor? Have you tried gelato yet?