Pages

September 11, 2012

Who Wants Cake for Dessert?

Last night, my family and I had a yummy 3-layer cake for dessert and no I didn't bake it, but I thought it was great! It's Pepperidge Farm's 3-layer Chocolate Cake.


It's uncommon for me to buy cakes to bring home for dessert, we normally buy them to bring at birthday parties and anniversaries. Cakes which are mostly not consumed at all and are only there solely for picture-taking! Even if we are in a big group and there are lots of kids, I wonder why cakes are always taken for granted, maybe because they see them almost in every occasion? I don't know but I love bringing them because it's like a must-have for any occasion, especially if the person loves blowing candles and making wishes.

Anyway, last night, my husband went to the grocery store and found a chocolate fudge cake in the frozen section. He took one home besides the ice cream that I requested. When I saw the box, I immediately looked for the brand because I thought of not eating it. I read it was Pepperidge Farm. I soooo love their products, I honestly didn't know they had cakes too. I told myself that I am probably going to enjoy it. I was so excited to finish my meal so I can finally have a slice. And I tell you, I was not wrong with my prediction, it really is good! The whole cake is covered with chocolate which of course is pleasing to the taste of those with sweet tooth. I must say it's smooth and kind of creamy. The 3-layer cake itself isn't so sweet at all which I think is good to balance the taste. Also, as you can see in the product, the toppings are not nuts, they're milk and white chocolate curls. I didn't read the note and I thought they were nuts, I'm okay with whatever, I just thought I'd tell you.


I enjoyed it so much that I ended up having two slices and my husband had the same equal share.  I reserved half of the cake for later and I am excited to eat dinner again!

Having tried and tested the product, am I going to buy it again? For sure! I'll probably start bringing the same thing for our next events and I bet the box will be left empty!


DISCLAIMER
I was not compensated in anyway to do a review of the products or services mentioned this post.
Everything was based on my 100% honest opinion.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!